Backcountry.com is a great website for finding outdoor gear. They have a wide selection of clothing and gear for both beginner adventurers and those who have been exploring the world for years.
Where is Backcountry From:
Backcountry.com was founded in 1996 in Park City, Utah.
Is Backcountry Legit?
Yes, Backcountry is a legitimate website and retailer. But, its customers have many complaints about the quality of its products and customer service. So it would be best if you were careful when buying from their store.
They have a contact us page, a phone number, and a live chat. So they seem to be pretty legit.
The Main Reasons Why People Use Backcountry:
- Some people like their shipping speed, but people are also happy with their returns.
- The product quality is excellent.
- They have a lot of products in their catalog.
- The customers say that the customer service is really good.
Main Complaints with Buying at the Store:
There are too many complaints about the store:
- Many people say that the items they received were worn and smelly, and they charge the card even when the item is out of stock.
- Someone was disappointed because they said they didn’t accept the wrong size. They also said that you got what you had ordered.
- A customer says he received the wrong item. A similar but not the same.
- Someone received fake and phony jackets.
- When you receive the wrong item they don’t give you a refund but an exchange of the item.
Is Backcountry Worth Spending on?
The company is legit, but there are too many bad reviews:
- The people who give good reviews think that the bad reviews are fake.
- So because there are too many bad reviews, you should be careful when buying from the store, but the company is legit and old.
- Other than that, it is an excellent website for buying outdoor gear. They have a lot of products and good quality items. You can find anything you need for your next adventure on their website!
Backcountry Shipping Policy
Free Shipping Offers
They offer free shipping on orders that exceed specific amounts! You can get it by ordering more, so check out these deals before purchasing.
Shipping times and free shipping offers do not apply to:
- Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, US territories, and internationally are not accepted.
- PO boxes
- APO addresses
Products that are too large, dangerous, or flammable to be sent through the mail will need to be shipped through ground or freight. This may include complete bikes, bike frames, bike wheels, travel cases, ABS airbag packs or cylinders, kayaks, kayak trailers, SUP boards, surfboards, crash pads, cargo boxes, and car racks, truck bed storage, and indoor bike trainers. Be sure to check the product page for specific items that fall into this category.
Shipping Restrictions by Delivery Method
Only ground delivery is available for hazardous or combustible goods, such as lithium compounds or compressed air batteries. They can only be sent to the contiguous United States and cannot be delivered to Alaska, Hawaii, US territories, or internationally.
Only freight may be used to ship big items. Oversized Freight items include, but are not limited to, whole bikes, bike frames, bike wheels, travel cases, kayaks, kayak trailers, SUP boards, surfboards, crash pads, cargo boxes, car racks, truck bed storage, indoor bike trainers, and rooftop tents.
Only available shipping choices will appear at checkout for products with these restrictions. Only within the United States can freight things be sent; they cannot be transported to Alaska (or any other US state), Hawaii (or any other worldwide territory), or outside of the country.
Backcountry Return Policy
What’s eligible for returns?
Gear can be returned for a complete refund to the payment method used. If your original payment method is unavailable, they will provide store credit instead.
You must return used equipment within 30 days of delivery and only get store credit for your paid amount.
Here are some things to consider:
- If you don’t plan on using the equipment, you must return it in the same condition as when you received it. This includes the original box and packaging and manufacturer tags.
- If you return a product not damaged, they will give you store credit to use on your account. If you return a damaged product, they may not accept the return, depending on how the product was damaged.
- Please be sure to package your returns carefully. If your items are damaged while being shipped back to us due to improper packaging, you will repair the items.
- When you send your return, it will take 3-5 business days. You will get an email notification when they have received your return.
Ways to Reach their Customer Service:
Here are some essential pages if you want to reach their customer support:
1. Contact Page:
2. About Page
Other than that:
By phone number:
Some Questions and Answers:
Here are some questions and answers to help you more about this:
What payment options does the Backcountry offer?
Here are payment methods at Backcountry:
Credit Cards Accepted
- American Express (AMEX)
- Discover Card
- Check or Money Order
Is there any Backcountry App?
Yes. The Backcountry has apps on Google Play Store and the Apple Store:
Google Play Store:
Backcountry is a legit company that has been in business for over 20 years. They offer a wide variety of products for men and women and accessories. Their prices vary but are generally affordable. You can reach their customer service by phone or email. If you have any questions about their products or policies, you can find the answers on their website. Overall, Backcountry is a good company to buy from if you are looking for quality outdoor gear.